How do I connect to the Liberty wireless network? (Windows)
The Liberty University IT HelpDesk has recently implemented a change to its wireless internet connectivity procedures that makes it easier for Liberty students, faculty, and staff to connect to the Liberty wireless network (now known as "Liberty-Secure"). No longer will the Liberty University community have to depend on the Bradford Agent program in order to be allowed access to full wireless internet connectivity.
Want to connect to Liberty-Secure on a Mac computer, instead? Refer to our How do I connect to the Liberty wireless network? (Mac) article!
Users on Liberty-Secure can expect to see rates of 6Mbps down, and 10Mbps up.
Please follow the steps below to connect to the Liberty-Secure wireless network (Note: you MUST be on-campus to connect):
- In the bottom right-hand corner of your computer screen, click the series of five bars (as shown below) to bring up a list of wireless networks that you have the option to connect to.
- Double-click Liberty-Wireless
- Liberty-Wireless should NOT be mistaken as a network connection for normal Liberty wireless internet access. Its ONLY use is to allow you to go through this process. Do NOT use Liberty-Wireless after these steps have been completed successfully, as you will not be able to access other websites.
- In a web browser, navigate to: https://connect.liberty.edu/
- Click on the Connect this Windows Computer banner.
- Your computer will be checked to make sure that your web browser can run Java. If you haven't already, please be sure to update to the latest version of Java at www.java.com as it is required in order to connect to the Liberty-Secure wireless network.
- The XpressConnect program will attempt to download to your computer.
- This program is also required in order to connect to the Liberty-Secure wireless network. If XpressConnect does not display on your screen, click here to download the file manually.
- If asked to Run an application, click Run
- XpressConnect will start to install and be configured.
- When the Welcome To The Liberty University Network screen displays, select Wireless Network Access
- Click Continue
- Login with your Liberty username and password. Do NOT add "@liberty.edu" at the end of your username; just type your actual username.
- Click Continue
- XpressConnect will attempt to configure, connect, and authenticate your computer for network connectivity. Once finished, you will receive confirmation that you have been successfully connected to Liberty-Secure. You are now free to move about the Internet!
If you encounter any error messages during setup or the steps above do not work, please contact the IT HelpDesk at (434) 592-7800, or come in to our HelpDesk Walk-In Support area to have your computer connected to the Liberty-Secure wireless network with the assistance of one of our IT Technicians.
Walk-In Support is located in
- Green Hall (North Campus), in Room 1539. Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM
- Demoss Hall, in Room 2184. Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM
- LUCOM Room 3122A. Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 8PM
Click here for current Walk-In Support hours of operation for holiday hours.