How do I connect to the Liberty wireless network? (Windows)
Please follow the steps below to connect to the Liberty-Secure wireless network (Note: you MUST be on-campus to connect):
- In the bottom right-hand corner of your computer screen, click the wireless icon (as shown below) to bring up a list of wireless networks that you have the option to connect to.
- Select Liberty-Wireless
- Liberty-Wireless should NOT be mistaken as a network connection for normal Liberty wireless internet access. Its ONLY use is to allow you to go through this process. Do NOT use Liberty-Wireless after these steps have been completed successfully, as you will not be able to access other websites.
- In a web browser, navigate to: https://connect.liberty.edu/
- Click on the Start button under the "Connect this Windows Computer" section.
- Verify that the Windows version matches your computer, then click JoinNow to start downloading the setup application.
- Save and run the file. These steps will vary based on the browser, common browsers are listed below:
- Internet Explorer: Click Run in the bar that shows in the bottom of the window.
- Microsoft Edge: Click Save in the bar at the bottom, then click Run
- Google Chrome: Click on the file (Liberty-Secure.exe) that shows in the bottom left of the screen.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Save File, then click the arrow button at the top right of the browser as shown below and click on the file name to run the file
- When prompted to allow the application to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- Enter your Liberty username (NOT including "@liberty.edu", just the first part) and password, then click Next.
- The application will attempt to configure, connect, and authenticate your computer for network connectivity. Once finished, you will receive confirmation that you have been successfully connected to Liberty-Secure. You are now free to move about the Internet!
If you encounter any error messages during setup, or the steps above do not work, please contact the IT HelpDesk at 866-447-2869, or come to our HelpDesk Walk-In Support area to have your computer connected to the Liberty-Secure wireless network with the assistance of one of our IT Technicians. Click the following link to view the IT HelpDesk hours and locations: Contact Customer Support